How does one set access to mapsets

David.Osborne at nottingham.ac.uk David.Osborne at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 26 07:00:00 EST 1996

Jason Frederick writes [25 Jan 1996 9:18:04 EST]:

 > Ok, That's how I thought it should work, but even after giving everyone
 > access to a mapset, noone can access the mapset.

Have you checked the Unix permissions on the directories along the filepath
to the mapset directory?  Group or other users (depending on whether the
people who want to access the mapset are in the same group as the mapset
owner or not) should have at least "x" access to be able to go "through" a
directory to directories or files it contains.  As the mapset owner, check
permissions with an "ls -ld" command on each directory down the path to the
mapset and if necessary, change its permissions appropriately with a "chmod"
command.

~~David Osborne
  Cripps Computing Centre & Department of Geography
  University of Nottingham