r.proj - new script for re-projecting raster-maps

Simon Cox S.Cox at solo.ned.dem.csiro.au
Tue Jan 9 07:00:00 EST 1996

--------- Announcement ------------

I have placed a new script called "r.proj" at
ftp://moon.cecer.army.mil/grass/incoming/r.proj

This is a none-too-swift script which combines
"r.stats", Gerry Evenden's "proj" and Darrell McCauley's "s.sample"
to copy a cell/raster map from one location to another, doing
the necessary re-projection.

I have tested it only a bit so it may fall over occasionally.
In particular, I've only tested a couple of different projections.

I offer this "as-is" in case it can help anyone.
Feedback welcome, but maintenance will only be on an
as-needs basis - I'm not into software engineering here!

Good Luck                       Simon Cox

Dr Simon Cox                        __  \
CSIRO Exploration & Mining       ,~'  L_|\    Australian
39 Fairway, PO Box 437,       ;-'         \   Geodynamics
Nedlands, WA  6009  Australia (            \  Cooperative
      Phone +61 9 284 8443    +    ___     /  Research
      Fax   +61 9 389 1906     L~~'   "\__/   Centre
simon at ned.dem.csiro.au                   W
AGCRC info>>   http://www.ned.dem.csiro.au/AGCRC/