importing "BIL" format files...

Jason Sperfslage jasperfs at hrc.ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 18 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, as it turns out, the solution was so simple that I
didn't even bother to try it first.  As you and others have pointed out, one
can work with these files directly, using nothing more than r.mapcalc to
convert them into full-blown cell files.

My only problem now (and maybe you have something to say about this as well),
is getting the files from lat/lon reference to UTM.  In a ll-referenced
location, the file imports directly with r.mapcalc, and they look nice.
However, I need to register these files with data in UTM-referenced mapsets.
It would seem that r.in.ll would read these files and accomplish the task, but
I keep ending up with all missing data, just blank files.  The approach seems
obvious, and so do the needed parameters, so I am not sure what is hanging
things up.  Any words of wisdom?  I'm wondering if stretching multiple
projection zones has anything to do with it (I am referencing from the
west-most zone of course), or if there is some other "little" thing like that
which is not so obviously a problem.

Comments are welcome.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

jason

Jason A. Sperfslage                     Hydrologic Research Center
Programmer/Analyst                      12780 High Bluff Drive, Suite 260
                                        San Diego  CA   92130-2069

jasperfs at hrc.ucsd.edu                   Tel: (619) 794-2726
                                        Fax: (619) 792-2519

                                        http://hrc.ucsd.edu