shifting raster cells

Mark Gregory mg at soil.agr.okstate.edu
Mon Jun 10 08:00:00 EDT 1996

>I have a raster file that I want to shift or move all the cells a specific
 distance. For example
>I want to move all the cells 1 degree latitude north, and 1 degree
 longitude east. Does anyone
>know how to do that?
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>Thank you.

All you should have to do is edit the cellhd file and add (or subtract) the
appropriate amount of 'shift' you want to make in your data matrix.  Just be
sure to make the same amount of 'shift' (e.g., x meters) in both the North
and the South values.  Similarly, you must also make the same amount of 'shift'
(e.g., y meters) in the West and East values.  The shift values of x and y,
however, do NOT have to equal one aonther.

Such a procedure will not necessitate a change in the x or y resolution.  And,
of course, the number of rows and columns in the data matrix will NOT change.

I am not certain why you would want to do the above, but as far as GRASS is
concerned, it will work.

Mark Gregory                               mg at soil.agr.okstate.edu
Oklahoma State University                  405-744-6417
Stillwater, OK 74078-6028                  405-744-5269 (fax)