v.what anybody? Updated r.proj, s.to.cell, v.plant.

Simon Cox S.Cox at solo.ned.dem.csiro.au
Thu Mar 28 07:00:00 EST 1996

Has anyone written a command v.what?  It should give the
category/attribute of -a the area within which a point falls,
or -l the nearest line/area-edge to the chosen point.
 ie a non-interactive version of d.what.vect.

r.what already exists in the grass distribution.
I have hacked together s.what based on some bits passed on to
me by Sue Huse at Berkeley.  Only v.what is missing!
Needed to make GRASSLinks a bit more functional.

----------------
On another issue, I finally got around to cleaning up and documenting
r.proj, s.to.cell, v.plant which I produced over the last year.
These can be downloaded from

ftp://ftp.ned.dem.csiro.au/pub/r.proj.tar.gz     etc

I would like to put files containing a note to this effect on moon
in incoming, but until someone helps me clean off the existing
files with these names (placed there by me earlier!) I can't write
over them!

Cheers                  Simon Cox

Dr Simon Cox                        __  \
CSIRO Exploration & Mining       ,~'  L_|\    Australian
39 Fairway, PO Box 437,       ;-'         \   Geodynamics
Nedlands, WA  6009  Australia (            \  Cooperative
      Phone +61 9 284 8443    +    ___     /  Research
      Fax   +61 9 389 1906     L~~'   "\__/   Centre
simon at ned.dem.csiro.au                   W
AGCRC info>>   http://www.ned.dem.csiro.au/AGCRC/