PROBLEM: d.mon fail on OSF/1

Tielin Zhang Tielin.Zhang at tvrl.lth.se
Sun Mar 24 07:00:00 EST 1996

Dear experts,

Please help me with the following problem. I'm new to both Unix and GRASS!

I downloaded and installed the GRASS 4.1 pre-compiled version for ALPHA axp on
our alpha axp running Digital Unix 3.2c (OSF/1?). When I start the GRASS and tr
to do "d.mon start=x0", I always get following error:
________
GRASS 4.1 > d.mon start=x0
Graphics driver [x0] is already running
Error - Could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>.
Lock file is /usr/local/grass/axp/locks/aqua/mon.99913
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
Error - Could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>.
Lock file is /usr/local/grass/axp/locks/aqua/mon.99913
________

and I can not find aqua/mon.99913 under /locks

Can anybody help to solve this?

Thanks!
ZT
--
| Tielin Zhang PhD               |        ^-^    Q u o t e   ^-^    |