Imagery file compatibility

LAUER, JOHN WESLEY lauejo at wwc.edu
Thu May 9 08:00:00 EDT 1996

I am trying to get GRASS 4.1 to recognize a landsat thematic mapper .lan file.
 The only way that I can find for GRASS to convert this type of file into the
raster format that it wants is to use the tape extraction utility i.tape.tm.
Is there any way that I can extract the imagery bands that I want from the
.lan file that I have on my hard disk?  Would it work if I copied it over to a
tape?

The .lan file that I have is not the original file shipped out by the
provider.  It was clipped in ARC-INFO into a much smaller file, cutting its
size from 40 meg to 2 meg.  We did this so that it would fit on a floppy and
could be transported easily.  Now I have the file and am very frustrated that
GRASS doesn't seem to allow me to use it.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Wes Lauer
Walla Walla College
College Place, WA