Australian Digital Landuse & Soil Map Datasets

Christina Lief lief at axp1.ccc.usda.gov
Tue May 7 08:00:00 EDT 1996

=46rom shean at axp14.ccc.usda.gov Mon May  6 16:04:18 1996
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 16:04:17 -0400
From: Michael Shean <shean at axp14.ccc.usda.gov>
Sender: grass-lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil.
To: lief at ccc.usda.gov
Subject: Australian Digital Landuse & Soil Map Datasets

I am searching for digital soils (non-FAO) and landuse maps
of Australia.  There is a wonderful Atlas series published
in Australia with numerous thematic maps of interest, and I=20
wonder whether anyone bothered to digitize the products too.

The Atlas series is called "Atlas of Australian Resources"
by the Division of National Mapping, Canberra.

The volumes I am interested in are Soils and Land Use,
Agriculture, and Vegetation.

Have these valuable thematic maps and their attribute data
been digitized?  Are there others?

Michael Shean   =20

shean at ccc.usda.gov