Thiessen polygons in GRASS?

charnotw charnotw at helios.aston.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 08:35:09 EDT 1996

> Hello Grass users,
>
> I wanted to use Thiessen polygons to extrapolate point data to area
> data. Does anyone know of a GRASS procedure to create Thiessen polygons
> in a watershed. Thanks for helping me out!
>
> Luc

You can get a raster of theissen polygons by using
s.surf.idw and setting the number of interpolation
points to one.
eg

GRASS 4.1 >s.surf.idw in=sites out=theissen npoints=1

cheers  Tom

Tom Charnock                       O--O
Dept Civil Engineering            (~~~~)
Aston University                 (  __  )
Birmingham B4 7ET UK             /|\  /|\
charnotw at sun.aston.ac.uk