Elevation data

Philip Verhagen philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl
Tue Oct 15 05:20:42 EDT 1996

> I've got vectorial data representing isolines of territorial elevation
> and would like to generate an elevation map as is required for 3d
> display. There is no bounding rectangle, so r.surf.* fail. Is there
> another way to do this?

No real problem, I think. Digitize the area you want to have interpolated
in v.digit (basically, an outline of the isolines) and convert this to
a raster map that you use as a MASK during interpolation - if I recall
right, the area outside the MASK will not be interpolated.

Good luck,

Philip Verhagen

                     philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl

                              R  A  A  P