grass & query kanguage

ish at alla.pl.swf.usace.army.mil ish at alla.pl.swf.usace.army.mil
Tue Sep 24 08:30:08 EDT 1996

>Please help me to find some relevant information or references about any
>implementation of query language in GRASS. Thank you very much.
>

>Suzana from
>
>dragices at ere.umontreal.c

Suzana,

GRASS has a contributed set of tools written by Center for
Advanced Spatial Technology (CAST) for linking Informix tables
to maplayers (sites, vector, or raster). They allow use of SQL
programs to query database by pointing to maplayer category, to
select maplayer categories for plotting to screen, to reclass
maplayers based on database attributes, etc.  They are located in
the garden/bin directory - commands ending in "inf". I've heard that
some users have also linked GRASS to Oracle using the same tools.
Implementation of the tools in GRASS suffers from lack of a friendly
user interface and documentation could be more complete. Feel free
to contact me if you want more info.

Ishmael Williams
US Army Corps of Engineers
Fort Worth District