permission on mapset

Pat Luther pluther at usit.net
Mon Apr 7 10:06:32 EDT 1997

This has to do with UNIX file permissions, and you can change it if
you want.  The owner of the mapset/directory is the only person with
write permission to the mapset.  The owner can give write permissions
to others through the UNIX command chmod and then they can create or
change files.

the syntax of the command is:
chmod a+w mapsetname

This allows anyone to write to the mapset, so be sure you want them to
be able to -

Pat

At 12:05 PM 4/7/97 +0200, you wrote:
>I am sorry,
>but i don't understand WHY ONLY THE OWNER of a mapset can create o
>modify maps in it ?
>Could anyone tell me something about it?
>Thanks in advance.

Pat Scarbrough Luther		"Your dream is the gift of
AEgis Services Corporation	your own soul.  But if it's
P.O. Box 160			promise is to be fulfilled,
Clinton, TN 37717		you must turn your eyes from
Phone	423.457.8242		the world of men, and dare
FAX	423.457.8620		to fly among the stars....
Internet pluther at usit.net	After all, we are born with
				wings".  	Robert Sexton