Linux elf binaries? Recent linux binaries?

Cliff Wood cbwood at vt.edu
Mon Aug 11 10:15:19 EDT 1997

On 10 Aug 1997 13:56:47 -0700, Bob Harrington wrote:

>In article <m0wwli7-000IRFC at electra2.netpci.com>,
>
>I have the linux 4.1.5 binaries that are on moon.cecer.army.mil
>installed, and with the help of this list installed a compatible libcurses.
>The current problem is that "d.mon start=x0" results in the error:
>

>X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  78 (X_CreateColormap)
>  Serial number of failed request:  78
>  Current serial number in output stream:  79
>Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
>Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!
>Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
>Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
>Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!

Bob,

We are also running in to this problem with Grass v4.12 on our Solaris
machines. We've gotten around that problem mostly by insuring that all
consoles which run Grass run it in a graphics mode set for 256 colors.
However, this doesn't ALWAYS fix the problem...for example, I *still*
cannot get the SCO Unixware machine in the office to connect to a  Grass
monitor from remote (and the SCO machine has its own X desktop).

We've had other problems with Grass X Monitors as well.

I've been told that this may also be related to the Grass shared libraries.

I'd be interested in hearing if you've been able to solve the problem if you
get more information. I'll be posting my experiences trying to debug this on
the list myself when I have more concrete information.

Clifton Wood
cbwood at vt.edu
AGNIS Dept - ISIS Lab @ Virginia Tech
http://www.agnis.vt.edu/