d.mon not working some help needed

James Cameron cameron at stl.dec.com
Wed Dec 17 16:53:46 EST 1997

J.KRISHNA KUMAR wrote:
> XError of Failed Request :Badmatch (Invalid parameter Attributes)
> Major Opcode of failed request :78 (X_Create Colormap)
> Serial number of failed request :30
> Current serial number in output stream :31
> Error starting graphics monitor

I've had this happen if I try to start d.mon against an X server that
has too many colours allocated by some other program.  Try closing as
many windows as possible, and revert to a simple window manager such
as twm.

There are commands that will check the current colourmap allocation,
but I can't remember what they are.

--
James Cameron                                    (cameron at stl.dec.com)
Digital Equipment Corporation (Australia) Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 000 446 800