Linux boot sequence question

francisco Estrada Belli fncesbl at bu.edu
Wed Feb 12 15:48:48 EST 1997

To all the Linux experts,

does anyone know of an easy way to disable msdos_fschk at boot time?
The problem is that fschek removes many things from the msdos partition
including all the shortcuts and anything that was recently downloaded.  I
have had this problem since I intalled Windows 95 (from win 3.11) on the
msdos partition.
I was told that reinstalling Linux (a newer vesion than Linux 1.2) may fix
this problem. But I would perfer not to if there is an easier way, because I
would have to reinstall grass and all my data can be lost, too.

Thank you in advance for your help,

-Francisco