running src.alpha flavour programs on HP's..ian

imdabre at chief.ecn.uoknor.edu imdabre at chief.ecn.uoknor.edu
Fri Feb 14 00:00:40 EST 1997

Hello fellow grassmates

I had installed the grass4.1 GIS on an HP with the foll specs :
   HP-UX voodoo A.09.05 A 9000/715 2004837552 two-user license

When I try to execute tools from the src.alpha flavour such as
r.digit ,s.surf.tps  they core dump on me with a Bus error..

However ,it is surprising to note that another tool from src.alpha
r.contour seems to work fine ....

If any of you have faced similar problems ,please let me know
what modifications need to be made to the code  or to the
compilation steps....

Thanks !

Ian D'Abreo
Graduate Assistant,