Color map problems

David Mandel dmandel at transport.com
Tue Feb 25 22:22:44 EST 1997

I'm starting to play with GRASS after several months away from it.

If I take a gif file (not necessarily map data) and display it with xv,
xpaint, or netscape it looks great.  If I import it into GRASS and
display it with d.rast it looks awful.  The information is correct, but my
color map is very poor.  Is there an easy way of getting a better color
map, possibly from X.  It would take me all day to edit the color table
with d.colors.  Indeed, even a text editor wouldn't work very well,
because I simply want to make things look like they do in the other
packages.  Doing this with an editor would be a pain.

                                             Dave Mandel

 David Mandel, Linux Activist             dmandel at transport.com
 Internet Provided by:   Transport Logic         (503) 243-1940
               Serving the Pacific Northwestern USA
 Portland  *  Vancouver  *  McMinnville   *   Salem    *   Bend