GRASS and pbmplus for IBM RS6000, SCO_UNIX, and other things

David Mandel dmandel at transport.com
Fri Feb 28 22:44:14 EST 1997

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, WenLing wrote:

> Dear David
>
> Thanks for your help. Please tell me the FTP address of BLM when it is
> ready. I will download it as soon as possible.
>
> WenLing

My client, the US Bureau of Land Management, has put the following
items on their ftp server at ftp://158.68.205.23/pub/dmandel

    GRASS4.1   -  Binaries for RS6000 running AIX 3.2
               -  Binaries for SCO ODT running ODT 2.0
               -  Source for GRASS4.1
                  (but I recommend getting this from CERL unless
                  you want to use my binaries.)

    pbmplus    -  Binaries for RS6000 running AIX 3.2
               -  Binaries for SCO ODT running ODT 2.0
               -  Binaries for Linux running Linux > 1.2.13 with ELF
               -  Binaries for SUN Sparc running SUN-OS ??
               -  Binaries for SGI running IRIX 5.3
               -  Source code as well
                  (This code is old Dec 91, but I like it because
                  I have binaries for both 8 bit and 16 bit pbmplus greys.
                  This 16 bit code uses lots of RAM, but allows for
                  many levels of grey which can be handy in GIS work.)

  The BLM doesn't have much disk space of their ftp server, so they
will only keep this stuff there for a couple weeks or so.

                                                     Have Fun,
                                                     Dave Mandel

 David Mandel, Linux Activist             dmandel at transport.com
 Internet Provided by:   Transport Logic         (503) 243-1940
               Serving the Pacific Northwestern USA
 Portland  *  Vancouver  *  McMinnville   *   Salem    *   Bend