GRASS compile with gcc

Michael Hanratty hanra001 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Tue Jun 3 11:19:36 EDT 1997

In message <199706031136.UAA03290 at orange.cv.tottori-u.ac.jp>  writes:
> Hello GRASS-USERS ;
>

> So if anyone has ever compiled GRASS with gcc,
> please let me know 'what kind of header file' will
> be able to compile it. And what kind of modification is needed ?

Here's the header file I used:

CC                  = gcc
ARCH                =

GISBASE             = /home1/michael/grass
UNIX_BIN            = /home1/michael/grass/bin

DEFAULT_DATABASE    = /home1/michael/grass/data
DEFAULT_LOCATION    = latlong

COMPILE_FLAGS       = -ansi -I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/dt/include -I/usr/ucbi
nclude -O
LDFLAGS             = -s

XCFLAGS             = -D_NO_PROTO
XLDFLAGS            =
XINCPATH            = -L/usr/openwin/share/include
XMINCPATH           =
XLIBPATH            = -L/usr/openwin/lib
XTLIBPATH           = -L/usr/openwin/lib
XMLIBPATH           =
XLIB                = -lX11
XTLIB               = -lXt
XMLIB               =
XEXTRALIBS          =

TERMLIB             = -ltermlib
CURSES              = -lcurses $(TERMLIB)
MATHLIB             = -lm

#                   LIBRULE = ar ruv $@ $?
#                   LIBRULE = ar ruv $@ $?; ranlib $@
#                   LIBRULE = ar ruv $@ $?; ar ts $@
#                   LIBRULE = ar rc $@ `lorder $(OBJ) | tsort`
LIBRULE             = ar ruv $@ $?

USE_TERMIO          = -DUSE_TERMIO
USE_MTIO            = -DUSE_MTIO
USE_FTIME           =
DIGITFLAGS          =
VECTLIBFLAGS        =
GETHOSTNAME         = -DGETHOSTNAME_UNAME

If you have any other problems, feel free to mail them to the list.  If I can
help, I'll jump in with my suggestions.

Michael Hanratty                           Phone: (612) 627-4590
St. Anthony Falls Laboratory               Fax: (612) 627-4609
Dept. of Civil Engineering
University of Minnesota
Mississippi River @ 3rd Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414