Digitizer info, help please

Kari Salovaara ecosyd at surfnet.fi
Mon Jun 9 07:14:23 EDT 1997

Dear grass'logists

I hope that some of you can help me in my problem with SummaGraphics
SummaScetch III Pro digitizing tablet.

problem : I cannot get it work
- v.digit starts but then hangs. mosty in segfault
because v.digit can found it so diggap is OK.

I'm using Linux 2.0.xxx in normal PC environment
32 Mb and hd enough etc. Grass 4.1.5.p1 (installation from Mr Kang's
set, many thanks !)

Does somebody have driver specifications which are working correctly

Help me, I should have done one map and analysis in next two weeks.
( I was disapointed when I heard that there is no possibility to
digitize in grassland. I'm working in voluntary basis for
environmental NGOs and I don't want to put money into expensive
system. Other god reason is that I don't have that money)

2) Question is there any other free program to digitize maps ? and to
have such output that it can be imported to Grass

Regards,
Kari Salovaara