Map Projections

R.A.Sanderson R.A.Sanderson at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Jun 13 05:11:18 EDT 1997

Dear Grass Users,

Is there a simple way of using two map projections simultaneously in GRASS?
 I have a GRASS location in UTM, but need to add new maps by digitising
from base maps stored as latitude-longitude.  The v.digit command only
seems able to cope with digitising using the same projection as the
original location (in this case UTM). I could resort to using Arc/Info for
digitising, then PROJECT/TRANSFORM into UTM before exporting to GRASS, but
I'd prefer to carry out the whole operation in GRASS if possible.

Cheers
Roy

Roy Sanderson
Centre for Land Use and Water Resources Research
Porter Building
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU