Images in GRASS

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Jun 16 06:49:42 EDT 1997

Hi Felix

On Jun 14, 10:17am, felix wrote:
> Subject: Images in GRASS
>
> 	I'm a beginners in GRASS. I want to use images from my city. How can I
> put new images in GRASS through a scanner of if exist other form to
> include new images. I don't know what is the process to put new images
> in GRASS. ¿Anybody know the process?

You might want to try the r.in.gif command available in the
$GIS/src.contrib/SCS/raster/r.gif directory. We used it successfully to import
an image. Note that since gif images do not have any georeferencing data you
will have to rectify your image to the proper geometric coordinates. This can
be done with the commands i.group, i.target, i.points, and i.rectify which are
part of the GRASS imagery commands.

Hope this helps.

--
Sincerely,