Digitizer

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Mar 5 21:29:35 EST 1997

Tim Martin wrote:

> Interesting timing.  I finally got around to trying to figure out why
> v.digit doesn't work with Linux, and I'm not entirely sure I figured
> everything out -- in fact I'm entirely sure I haven't figured everything
> out -- but I did get a version of v.digit compiled that works on my
> 44 Mhz 486, and also on a colleague's 200 Mhz Pentium.
>
> The problems I dealt with had to do with Linux reads of the serial port
> happening faster than the serial port was able to supply information, so
> that often several error reads were returned for each correct read from
> the serial port.  There are various places in the v.digit code that didn't
> handle these errror reads.
>
> I'm pretty busy with a lot of things at the moment, but if any of you
> have GRASS running on a Linux box, have a digitizer, and have found
> that v.digit won't work with the digitizer, let me know, and you can
> be some of my guinea pigs in trying to get this modified v.digit to
> work.
>
> If any other GRASS programmers have been working on this problem, let
> me know, and we can compare notes and code, and see if we can come up
> with proper, stable patches to v.digit that accommodate GRASS on Linux.

Hello,
I did compile v.digit2 on my Linux machine, but when I try in use my
digitizer, I can a message "Out of Sync with the Digitizer". Your
explanation that Linux reads of serial port happening faster that
serial port was able to supply information seems to be the problem.
Please let me know if I can get a copy of the v.digit version that
you have modified to work on your Linux machine.
Also, I am unable to compile v.digit on my Linux Machine since i
get a error message while running my gmake file. The error message
I get is;
"V_call.o(text+0xfs):undefined reference to '_waddbytes'
make...[/user2/grass/etc/bin/inter/v.digit] Error 1"
Please give me some suggestions and also let me know if I can have
a copy of your modified v.digit program.
Thanks in advance
ベンカテッシュ ラガワン			Venkatesh Raghavan
大阪市立大学学術情報総合センター	Media Center, Osaka City Univ.
3ー3ー138杉本住吉区大阪 558	3-3-138 Sugimoto Sumiyoshi-ku, Osaka
558
                  Tel:06-605-3381
mailto:raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp