displaying site names

Philip Verhagen philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl
Thu Mar 6 05:34:38 EST 1997

> Does anyone know of a quick way of displaying the site names next to the site
> markers on a map?

I remember writing a bit of code that took the input from the site list
and converted it to a label file that could be displayed by d.paint.labels;
you can specify size, position, colour and font in the label file as well
if you're so inclined. I can try to find it back it my files if you're
interested, but it should not be extremely difficult to write it yourself.

Philip Verhagen

                     philip at raap2.ivambv.uva.nl

                              R  A  A  P

                        Plantage Muidergracht 14