monitor

fncesbl at bu.edu fncesbl at bu.edu
Sun Mar 9 13:19:44 EST 1997

Hi,

I am suddenly unable to open the x0 monitor.
after the d.mon start=x0 command I get this message:
Graphics driver [x0] started
Error - Could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>.
Lock file is /usr/local/grass-4.1/locks/atacama/mon.20503
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
Error - Could not complete locking process for monitor <x0>.
Lock file is /usr/local/grass-4.1/locks/atacama/mon.20503

and I am unable to display anything.

Can someone please help me undo this?
I noticed that the file  /usr/local/grass-4.1/locks/atacama/mon.20503 is
actually empty.
I was able to use an x1 monitor though, and there is a mon.20505 in that same
locks directory.
I just would like to get some assistence if possible, to prevent
further problems.

Thank you

Francisco Estrada Belli
Boston UNiversity