Scaling vector data

Leslie Apollon la at las.com
Thu Mar 13 09:40:36 EST 1997

At 02:18 PM 3/13/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>We have a raster map and a vector map of the same area (i.e. we want to overlay
>the vector onto the raster). However, they are at different scales. The raster
>map is at a scale of 1:1000 while the vector map is at a scale of 1:2400. Since
>the raster map is an image, we do not want to lose any details of the image.
>Therefore, I was wondering if there was any way to scale the vector map to a
>1:1000 scale.
>
>Any information would be great since there doesn't seem to be a vector command
>to do this.
>
>--
>Sincerely,
>
>Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
>High Performance Computing Center
>National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
>Bangkok, Thailand
>People who think they know everything are very irritating to those
>of us who do.  ---Anonymous
>
>Jazz and Trek Rule!!!

Hello.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that if the two files are in the same
projection system, there is no need to change the scale in order to overlay
them...
Leslie Apollon, M.Sc Géographie
Conseiller SIG - Support Technique

LAS Inc.                       tel. : (514) 858-1104
1570, rue Chabanel Ouest       fax  : (514) 389-9373
Montreal, Quebec, Canada       email: la at las.com
H4N 1H4

Grassland home-page : http://www.las.com/grassland