Attempt at compiling the SDTS utilities

Michael Hanratty hanra001 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Fri Mar 28 14:27:38 EST 1997

In message <199703281605.KAA03041 at fuji.cecer.army.mil>  writes:
> Ouch!
>
> Michael:
>
> I know we exchanged email sometime before and I duidn't follow through
> very well. Is there any chance you could send me an SDTS dataset you
> are having trouble with and let me try to figure out what's going on?
>
> (I'm not involved with GRASS anymore, really, but if I can fix this
> I'd like to try.)
>
> -David Stigberg

The two files I'd like to convert are at the following URL's:
http://nsdi.usgs.gov/nsdi/wais/water/huc2m.HTML
http://nsdi.usgs.gov/nsdi/wais/water/huc250.HTML

It may be that there are errors in these files.  The first one I can get the
lines and areas, but not the labels that are attached to them.  The second one
crashes very early in the conversion process.  If you find out anything
definitive, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
Mike

Michael Hanratty                           Phone: (612) 627-4590
St. Anthony Falls Laboratory               Fax: (612) 627-4609
Dept. of Civil Engineering
University of Minnesota
Mississippi River @ 3rd Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414