digitizing problems

Michael Hanratty hanra001 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Mon May 12 14:00:38 EDT 1997

In message <5l7c4e$4re at hovis.rdc.noaa.gov>  writes:
> Hello Grass Users,
>
> I tried to digitize on my Calcomp 9100 using GRASS today and got the
> following
> error when I went to select a digitizer:
>
> ERROR - Could not lock digitizer.
> Check for existance of /usr/gis/locks .
> Contact your GRASS system administrator

Check for the file /usr/gis/locks.  GRASS creates lock files to avoid multiple
use of its resources.  If the lock file exists, then GRASS assumes that the
program or resource is in use.  If you delete the lock file, it should work.

Michael Hanratty                           Phone: (612) 627-4590
St. Anthony Falls Laboratory               Fax: (612) 627-4609
Dept. of Civil Engineering
University of Minnesota
Mississippi River @ 3rd Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414