compile under Solaris 2.5.1 on Intel

William L. Baker BakerWL at UWYO.EDU
Wed May 28 10:47:07 EDT 1997

George,
Thanks for your generous offer to put the GRASS binaries up
temporarily on your web site.  I may be the only one, but this
would be a great help to me, since I could not get the compilation
to proceed using the gnu compiler and don't have the Sunsoft
compiler.
Bill
 ----------
From: grassu
To: grassu
Subject: Re: compile under Solaris 2.5.1 on Intel?
Date: Tuesday, May 27, 1997 6:53PM

Bill,
We have GRASS 4.1 running in Solaris 2.5 for the X86 platform.  The
software was compiled using SunSoft ProCompiler C 2.0.1.  Not much testing
has been done to it.  However, If you or anybody else would like to try it,
we will temporarily put the software at our web site for downloading
(approximately 20MB) after receiving a request.

George Chou
GPZ Technology, Inc.
gchou at gpz.com
(415) 949-3708