[Q] About v.in.dxf

jan.bogaert jbo at bogy.uia.ac.be
Thu Nov 13 02:53:45 EST 1997

Hello Sung-Won Choi,

I had some problems with importing dxf-files too.

Recently I found a very easy way to do it. I import the files in a
graphical program (Applix Graphix, you can compare it with any drawing
program that is available like in windows) that accepts dxf-files.
Afterwards I exported the file as a sunrast-file. Using then r.in.sunrast
the file can easily be imported in GRASS.

You can also import them by v.in.dxf and then change/make attribute
files, but this seemed very complicated for me so I chosed the easy
(practical way).

I hope this helps.

#jan

  ir. lic. Jan Bogaert
  Universitaire Instelling Antwerpen - Departement Biologie
  Laboratorium voor Plantecologie - Universiteitsplein 1
  B-2610 Antwerpen (Wilrijk) - Belgium
  fax. +32 3 820 22 71 - tel. +32 3 820 22 82
  E-mail jbogaert at uia.ua.ac.be - jbo at bogy.uia.ac.be