algorithm used for i.cluster

Harini Nagendra harini at ces.iisc.ernet.in
Fri Nov 14 08:29:30 EST 1997

Hello,

I am a student checking out the comparative accuracy of supervised and
unsupervised classification in Indian forests, and ave been using
i.cluster for this. I have some questions about what algorithm is used for
this, and was looking through the Users and Programmers manual, but full
details aren't given. The Users manual states that this was developed by
Michael Shapiro of CERL and Tao Wen of the Univ. of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign wrote this program, and the Grass Beginners Manual says
that Katarina Johnsson, Michael Shapiro, Hong Zhuang or Peter Sincak can
be contacted for more information on this - it gives phone no.s, but being
in India, I can't call these numbers.

I would be most grateful if anyone could provide me with emails of any of
these people, so that I can contact them for more information about the
exact algorithm used.

Thanks a lot,

Harini

| Harini Nagendra               E-MAIL : harini at ces.iisc.ernet.in      |
| Centre for Ecological         PHONE  : 91 80 309 2639 (Hostel: LR-21)|
| Sciences                             : 91 80 309 2506 (Department)   |
| Indian Institute of Science   FAX    : 91 80 334 1683                |
| Bangalore 560 012 India       TELEX  : 845 8349 IISc IN              |