Xdigit error

Adalberto da Silva adalbert at iag.usp.br
Sun Nov 23 09:22:35 EST 1997

Hello,

        I'm trying to use Xdigit under Linux (kernel 2.0.32, XFree86
3.3-3,
Grass binaries from Andreas Holz's CD-ROM).

        I generate a new binary vector with v.mkgrid & v.support and
tried to
open it with Xdigit. The Xdigit window itself opened up but when I've
selected to open this vector file, the screen blinks and immediately the
program is terminated.

        The .xsession-errors reads:

> /bin/sh: /usr/bin/X11/xload: No such file or directory
> /bin/sh: exec: /usr/bin/X11/xload: cannot execute: No such file or directory
> xterm:  fatal IO error 2 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"

        The first and second line refer to xload ('display system load
average'
from O'Reilly's "X Window System User's Guide") and I have no idea why
this could be of any importance to that task.

        The third line refers to the problem itself and I can't realise
what's
the matter!

        (There was yet a core file created by the interruption that I
tried to attach to this the message but my mail sender reffused to do
the job...)

        Does this is a flaw of the compiled binaries? Are there any
tricky
configuration as an workaround for this flaw?

        Many thanks,

--
        Adalberto da Silva
        Instituto Astronomico e Geofisico