_get returns a zero and exits - problem

Rainer Bärs rainer.bars at hut.fi
Tue Oct 7 12:51:25 EDT 1997

Greetings!

Here is some more info on the 64-bit topic

>On Oct 2,  4:32pm, Rainer Bärs wrote:
>> I just discovered that d.zoom gives me an unexpected crash "ERROR
>> unexpected EOF from graphics driver" :-(

For some odd reason, the _get (buf, n) function in src/libes/raster/io.c
causes this error in my Alphastation because read(2) returns zero read
characters in a response to _send_ident (RESPOND). It should return at
least one char, shouldn't it?

It is D_popup in popup.c that makes a call to R_flush, which calls
R_stabilize, which then can't read the response and crashes.

Any idea where this bug hides?

Best,
Rainer Bars

e-mail:         rainer.bars at hut.fi
ssllooww mail:  Helsinki University of Technology
                Laboratory of Engineering Geology and Geophysics
                P.O.Box 6200
		FIN-02015 HUT, FINLAND
voicemail:      +358-9-451 2653 (work), +358-9-4511 (univ.)
                +358-40-500 80 55 (mobile), +358-9-451 2731 (fax)
homepage:      <http://www.hut.fi/Units/Geophysics/Persons/Bars/>