can not start monitor

Rainer Bärs rainer.bars at hut.fi
Tue Sep 30 11:44:55 EDT 1997

I just recompiled grass for my DEC Alphastation and for my SGI INDY. After
getting the usual (?) compilation errors, I finally got everything up and
running. Or so I thought!

When I say 'd.mon start=x0' to my Alphastation it says:

Graphics driver [x0] started
can't read index!
ERROR eof from graphics driver.
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
Please start graphics monitor <x0>.
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!

Seems like X is missing something, but what? Any help appreciated.

Best,
Rainer

e-mail:         rainer.bars at hut.fi
ssllooww mail:  Helsinki University of Technology
                Laboratory of Engineering Geology and Geophysics
                P.O.Box 6200
		FIN-02015 HUT, FINLAND
voicemail:      +358-9-451 2653 (work), +358-9-4511 (univ.)
                +358-40-500 80 55 (mobile), +358-9-451 2731 (fax)
homepage:      <http://www.hut.fi/Units/Geophysics/Persons/Bars/>