problem with d.mon

Valerio Noti valsil at etruscan.li.it
Fri Apr 3 14:29:02 EST 1998

Hello,
I have a problem with graphics monitor.
I recently have changed motherboard and video card and installed a new version of Xfree86 (3.3.2 on linux 2.0.29, Slackware 3.2). Grass4.1 starts without problems but graphics monitor doesn't work. When I run d.mon start=x0, it gives me the following message:

X Error of failed request: Badmatch (invalid parameter attributes)
   Major opcode of failed request: 78 (X_CreateColormap)
   Serial number of failed request: 78
Please start graphics monitor <x0>
Error - Graphics monitor <x0> not running!
Problem selecting x0. will try once more..
I've tried to install grass again but with the same results.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Valerio

Valerio Noti