Importing ArcInfo files

Andrew M McDermott mcdermam at potsdam.edu
Tue Aug 18 11:44:02 EDT 1998

Sorry to be a pain...I have a utility after all, and can probably do it
anytime. I need to know the original projection of the data, since ETV2000
seems to assume "Plane" coordinates to be safe. Idrisi can georeference UTM
and other file types easily, anything esoteric needs to be georegistered by
resampling (yech).

The only other problem is the info you (may) need from the support files.
These data files of yours can be extracted as polygons, lines, etc, and
there are lots of different combinations of category and legend info folded
in to an .e00 file. I'm not too hep on that stuff. I usually grind through
the hard way and reconstruct what I need.