m.in.e00

Anthony Burns aburns at ky.nrcs.usda.gov
Thu Dec 3 20:05:52 EST 1998

Markus

I checked the tmp's and other partitions and I have plenty of memory on the hard
drive and plenty  of RAM.  Which is why I belive it is related to a variable.
I'm still open to other suggestions.

Thanks
Anthony Burns
aburns at ky.nrcs.usda.gov

> I compiled the m.in.e00 module on a SUN Sun0s 4.13.  It works fine on very
very
> small e00 files, but when trying to import a 625,000 byte (which is still
quite
> small), I get the following error message:
> ERROR: G_malloc:  out of memory.
> I have compile m.in.e00 in linux and it works just fine on the same e00 file,
so
> I feel I have something wrong in my variable on the SUN system.

Hi Anthony,

you should check the /tmp and other directories, if there is *always*
enough space. G_malloc error sounds like a full harddisk... (maybe there is
an overflow only during .tmp-file creation).

Check it several times meanwhile the module is running. Otherwise Michel
might help :)