Transformation question...

Sungwon Choi earthcom at
Tue Dec 8 08:10:53 EST 1998

Hello, Vangelis!!
you can use the v.transform to do such a thing...

you must have some reference points in the map to be transformed..

good luck!!!

Vangelis Filippidis wrote:

>  Dear GRASS community,    I recently found some vector data of an area
> that i'm interesting, in a X-Y unreferenced system, and i want to
> "put" them in my mapset (UTM - Zone 34 - International), that i'm
> working.   How i can transform them, so i can use them with my rest
> vector data?  I would very appreciate any ideas about this. Thank you
> in
> advance,Vangelis. ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                             Filippidis Evangelos
>                         Forester, Ph.D Candidate
> Sector of Planning & Natural Resource Development
>       Department of Forestry & Natural Environment
>                School of Geotechnical Sciences
>                Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
>                                      Greece
>                       e-mail : efilippi at
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungwon Choi
GIS LAB, Center for mineral resources center
Korea university, Korea
tel : +81-2-953-1676

More information about the grass-user mailing list