USGS SDTS Digital Data

Skip Haak shaak at teleport.com
Fri Dec 11 14:45:32 EST 1998

Hi All,

Has anyone used the SDTS digital data from the U.S. Geological Survey? I
downloaded some data yesterday but am stumped on what to do next. I can
figure out what the filenames mean and how to untar and ungzip the files but
I am confused about the numeric extension at the end of the filename. For
example, one of the files I downloaded last night has the name
D4512202_BDOS_sdts_tar_gz.29540. What do I do with this file? This is
suppose to be a file of the boundary for the quad in a tarred and gzipped
format, so what's with the numeric extension? I have done some reading but
haven't seen anything yet that explains the extension. What do I do?

Any help is very much appreciated, Skip Haak

Skip Haak
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
950 Lloyd Center, Suite 48
Portland, OR 97232