Labeling Areas

Adalberto da Silva adalbert at iag.usp.br
Tue Jan 20 11:22:27 EST 1998

Hello!

	I'm trying to label some areas that I've imported from AutoCad
primarily for generate a half-dozen masks.

	I've drawn some rectangles (closed polylines), export to dxf and import
them to Grass (v.in.dxf). When I ran v.support, Grass only recognizes
the rectangles as lines with one node point (the same occurs if those
rectangles were exported as several singular lines from AutoCad -- we
can achieve this by 'exploding' polylines under AutoCad).

	Then I tried to label these areas under v.digit. The labeling
procedures only accept attach labels to each line: I start labeling,
choose one line and it highlights the four segments of the rectangle
(with a tiny coloured node at upper&leftmost corner), and accept the
label.

	If I try to label the area inside that four 'walls', it fails. I
started area labeling, put category number, clicked a point near the
centre of the rectangle (better saying: near the centre of the area
defined by that four segments & one node line), selected the line itself
when prompted for "Select a Boundary line:" , and the prompt then says
there is not a line where I clicked (and I tried several points to
click...).

	Do you know what's going wrong?

	Many thanks,

	Adalberto da Silva