i.fft and i.ifft in Linux

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jan 20 13:12:39 EST 1998

> GRASS community-
>
> 	It seems that my i.fft and i.ifft are not working on my Linux
> machine.  I am getting a "G_malloc out of memory" error when I try to run
> them.

Hi,

 today I had a similar problem. I fixed it clearing my /tmp directory...

 That should be all - your /tmp might be to small. Some temp.files
 are also created in your grass_database. i.fft etc. are very
 space consuming depending on the size of your raster image.

 Hope this helps

  Markus
  neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de

 PS: Try the new Linux GRASS 4.2.1 binaries if you like.
     http://www.laum.uni-hannover.de/iln/grass/grass42/