r.buffer

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sun Jan 25 11:37:39 EST 1998

> I am trying to buffer a very large file at a high
> resolution to ensure accuracy of road definition.
>
> ERROR: G_malloc: out of memory

Hi,

 I expect that your /tmp and swap space are to small...
 Someone in the list had a similar problem with i.fft
 and fixed it by cleaning the /tmp directory. You might
 create a bigger one on another partition. You can set
 a link
 ln -s /newpartition/tmp /tmp
 after removing the old /tmp
 You must be "root" for that.
 But be careful, don't throw away the /tmp using XWindows,
 leave it and start a simple shell (and throw out all
 other users). And better you reboot the machine also.

 I hope this helps

  Markus Neteler
  http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/users/neteler/