Information for setting up a mirror site

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue Jun 16 06:59:54 EDT 1998

Hello all

For those who have offered to set up a mirror site of the GRASS distribution
site maintained by Markus Neteler, and are not sure how to set up a mirror site
(like me), the following may be of some interest.

On Jun 12,  2:43pm, Michel Wurtz - LTE wrote:
> Subject: Mirroring GRASS 4.2.1 (V.16)
> I used (for finaly retrieving grass correctly) "wget", which is
> a web and ftp site automated copy tool (try until all is copied,
> take care of dates, and have a "-mirror" option).  I tend to
> recommand it... (a comprehensive documentation is included)
> For the rest of the job, it's like any ftp server...

The URL for the wget program is

	ftp://gnjilux.cc.fer.hr/pub/unix/util/wget

This is the site of the wget maintainer. Also, there is an on-line manual at

	http://www.go.dlr.de:8081/pdinfo_dv/wget_doc/wget.html

The wget program is free software which falls under the GNU GPL copyright
license. Also, the on-line manual can be freely copied and distributed.

I won't have a chance to install wget until the end of the week, so I won't be
able to report on how it works until then.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center