IDRISI ascii format import

Andrew M McDermott mcdermam at potsdam.edu
Tue Nov 24 06:39:34 EST 1998

At 06:40 PM 11/23/98 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi
>
>I finally found a tool to convert e00 format ARC/INFO files to
>something more usable (ECV2000 tool. Runs only on Win through :(
>
>Now, how do I get the info from the resulting IDRISI .dvc and .vec into
>Grass? I read that IDRISI binary .img files can be used directly, but what
>about these ascii files?
>
>There is a v.out.idrisi module that will produce exactly the same format
>(.dvc & .vec) in an idrisi directory of the current mapset. But there is
>no corresponding v.in.idrisi.
>
>So there must be a simple solution, only I haven't found it. So I ask.
>
>regards
>MHu

Without Idrisi or some other program which can read and convert Idrisi
files into something else which Grass can use you might have to learn about
the format of ascii Idrisi .vec files and reformat them. The other option
is to get the documentation for .e00 files (Arc export files) which is not
easy to find and then write your own conversion program.