Help using v.in.dxf3d

Ben Horner-Johnson ben at earth.nwu.edu
Mon Nov 30 16:34:28 EST 1998

The code for v.in.dxf looks like it handles Z coordinates.  The problem with
the v.in.dxf code is that it converts attributes/labels into integers because
it uses the write_att() structure from the dig_atts libraries which convert
labels into categories, which are by default integer.  If a label in a dxf file
contains non-integers, it will be truncated.

(i.e. "001_bz3.cat" becomes "1").  I tried modifying v.in.dxf to handle the
text properly (it did) but when I ran v.support, it switched things back to
integers.  I haven't released modifications because of this problem.  I don't
know if this is part of the problem you are having, but thought I should
mention what I found out.

Ben Horner-Johnson
ben at earth.nwu.edu