rim capability in Grass 4.21

Andrew M McDermott mcdermam at potsdam.edu
Tue Sep 1 13:30:51 EDT 1998

I have twice installed Grass 4.21 under Linux (Slackware with kernel
version 2.0.30) according to to the excellent instructions from Markus
Neteler, and each time I have run into a small problem with the RIM
modules. I fail to correctly compile about halfway through the g's (i.e.
up to getloc.f) with successful output executables and then fail on a
file not found.

I can find no references to RIM online, except those on the Grass home
at baylor. Do I need RIM installed separately to get this functionality
in Grass, or is the error more subtle? How can I found out more about
RIM as a database?

Thanks for any info.