rajveer help needed

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Sep 2 09:57:04 EDT 1998

Hi Rajveer,

please correct you email address!!
it is not surprising that you do not receive any help
from the list :-)

Find below you GRASS questions answered...

>    ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----
> <rajveer at ceeri.ernet.in>  (unrecoverable error)
> 553 mail-relay-delhi.ernet.in config error: mail loops back to myself
> 554 <rajveer at ceeri.ernet.in>... Local configuration error

Hi,

 > I have tried sent a number of my request to Grass users list but did not
 > get any replies.
Your email was always wrong the last times!!!!!
I tried several times.

 > 1. I want to print the results of d.histogram results but do not know
 > how. please inform me if you know.
Use
  - the CELL driver for that (read GRASS FAQ on 4.2.1 pages for details)
  - or the "grab" function of xv-Program for that (external image program)

 > 2.I wish to use sites along with RIM data bases. I do not find how the
 > two are to be used together. I do not find any reference to this aspect
 > either in your tutorial or other manuals.
If you look into 4.2.1 doumentation section, you find
   "GRASS documentation project GDP there"
On this page some RIM tutorials should be linked.

 > A simple problem i want to solve is that I want to associate populations
 > to the districts(sites) and then make queries. Of course I found that
 > d.what.sites is not yet implemented (grass 4.2.1).

Do you or anyone else in the list know C-Programming?
I have the d.what.sites code here, but it is not (yet) working
properly.I expect only a few bugfixes. If you like, I send it to you.

    Markus Neteler

 Geographisches Institut           |            Institute of Geography
    Physische Geographie                          Physical Geography
  & Landschaftsoekologie                        & Landscape Ecology
 Universitaet Hannover                 University of Hannover, Germany
                      neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
              http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/users/neteler/