Photogrammetry was Re: GRASS aerial photo stereo visialization

Sam Smith sam.smith at ee.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 9 10:16:44 EDT 1998

Any chance that Grass can be used for photogrammetry?

I use grass to prepare base maps from aerial photos and digitized USGS
contours that I then field check to prepare orienteering maps. I use
ps.map to layer the aerial photo, contours, and a grid. This works well
in areas where there is a lot of detail that can be seen in the photo.
It would be great if I could do my own photogrammetry, and get better
detail than is available in the USGS maps.

Another problem I have is rotating the base map to magnetic north. I
can't seem to find a grass routine that will rotate a raster or a vector
layer. Just rotating the grid would be enough for the base map.

thanks for any help,
--
Sam Smith
Georgia Tech, ECE 0250, Atlanta, GA USA 30332