v.surf.spline: Bad input to routine SPLINE

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Apr 10 05:54:35 EDT 1999

> From owner-grass at isis.cecer.army.mil Fri Apr  9 19:40:04 1999
 > I imported a ARC/INFO contours- vectorfile with m.in.e00 then I built the
> topology with v.support -r.
> When I tried then to build a Digital Elevation Model with v.surf.spline. It
> first rasterized the lines (but only  7 steps, wich seems me little) an then in
> "STEP 2 - Calculating splines for edges of contour map. The process stopped
> with the error Message:  "ERROR: bad entry to routine SPLINE"
> I didn't find a manual entry for v.surf.spline.  What does this error message
> mean?

Hi Kurt,

there is a "trick" in v.surf.spline:

Your vector lines have to reach all borders of your region. Then
you don"t get the error any more. Use the d.vect.zoom or d.myzoom
for setting the region properly.

The MAN-page is here:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_421/html/v.surf.spline.html

all MAN-pages there: