r.surf.contour in 5.0beta2 broken

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Fri Aug 13 12:26:18 EDT 1999

Hello all

I recently posted that r.surf.contour in grass5.0beta2 had problems on our SGI
Origin 2000. It was using up memory (over 512 MB) and finally crashing with an
out of memory message. Today I ran the command in fast mode, which is supposed
to be more memory intensive, and it ran without taking up hardly any memory at
all. Furthermore, using the same raster contour map on a SGI Indy (with 64 MB
RAM) running grass4.2, the fast mode finished in about 15 minutes. On the
5.0beta2 system it took over 2 and a half hours!! Not only did it take 900%
longer but the resulting map was empty.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center